QUBE Logistics commissioned Liberty Industrial for demolition, remediation and site preparation works to be done in readiness for the construction of its significant infrastructure project – the Intermodal Terminal.
- Meticulous planning and extensive consultation with relevant entities.
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive Environmental Management Program and Hazardous Material Removal Plan.
- Development and implementation of a complex community communication strategy in cooperation with client’s Community Relations team.
- Deployment of sizable fleet of equipment.
- Establishment of a mobile workshop complete with maintenance staff to maintain plant and equipment.
- The project was masterfully executed, on budget, on schedule and without injury or incident.
- 300 buildings and large warehouses were demolished. 14 separate 5,000m² warehouses were cleared of asbestos.
- 300,000m² of slabs and footings were demolished.
- 140,000t of concrete was pulverised for reuse on site.
- 90km of underground service infrastructure was excavated, demolished, removed and backfilled.
- 150,000t of contaminated soil was excavated and remediated, sorted, segregated, bio-remediated and hauled for disposal.
- Hazardous chemical tanks and underground storage facilities were cleaned and demolished.
- 15,500t of materials were recycled over the course of the project including brick, concrete, asphalt, steel, mulch and other materials.
- 110 personnel worked over 10 separate work fronts operating concurrently at the peak of the project.