The NSW Public Works Advisory engaged Liberty Industrial to demolish and remediate 12 Loose Fill Asbestos Insulation affected residential properties located in the regions of Holbrook, Narrandera and Albury.
- Encapsulation of the entire building in heat shrink wraps was used to confine the asbestos fibres.
- An independent Licenced Asbestos Assessor (LAA) was appointed to witness and endorse encapsulation of each property and provide interim and final clearance certificates.
- After the internal strip out of wall and ceiling linings, interim certificates were issued by the LAA and the interior of the property was covered in PVA/Blue Paint mixture to bind any loose asbestos fibres.
- Demolition of all properties including footings and nominated ancillary structures and soil remediation was undertaken after asbestos removal works.
- After completion of all asbestos removal, demolition and remediation activities, the LAA undertook soil sampling at more than 12 locations and issued the final clearance certificate stating the complete rehabilitation of the properties.