Liberty Industrial was engaged in the remediation of the former Camden High School site located in Camden, NSW. The remediation works were required on portions of the site associated with the former Gasworks and included demolition of ground slabs, ancillary site features, grub and tree removal, handling and management of hazardous waste.
- Detailed management plans were prepared for various project activities such as Traffic Management, HSEQ, Asbestos Removal and Control of Hazardous substances.
- A fully enclosed soil excavation within an Emissions Control Enclosure (ECE) was established which was connected to a continuous operating Air Extraction with off-gas treatment namely an Emission Control System (ECS).
- Most of the excavation was performed within the ECE and ensured minimal odour generation.
- 6500t of material was excavated from around the site for classification (hazardous), handling and disposal to a licensed soil treatment facility following NSW EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) material tracking protocols.
- A comprehensive network of silt fencing, dish drains, diversion swales and sediment basins were designed and constructed by Liberty Industrial. We reused mulch from removed trees to create water flow bunds and diversion structures such that all surface water was diverted to the detention basin and sampled before discharge from the site.
- Over 6000t of the approximately 6500t of material excavated from the site, was disposed of off-site. The balance of materials were validated for re-use on site.
- Liberty Industrial successfully liaised and cooperated with the Council and client daily regarding the progress of project activities and work area inspections.
- The project was completed in a rigid timeframe to allow for further site development