Glencore engaged Liberty Industrial to undertake the removal of the redundant infrastructure and minor earthworks at their site in West Wallsend, NSW.
- Salvaged items were relocated using a combination of cranes and telehandlers to be stored in a laydown area on the project site for reuse or sale.
- Liberty Industrial’s in-house asbestos removal specialist removed asbestos containing materials from the buildings before demolition works commenced.
- Our team collaborated with a structural consultant to design the induced collapse method that brought to ground the 30m high inclined conveyor and the 2000t Product Bin without any complications.
- Our 70t Volvo excavator equipped with a rotating, hydraulic shear demolished the remaining above ground infrastructure and downsized the steel for export.
- Our fleet of 36t excavator machines with hydraulic hammers and bucket attachments were used to remove and process the concrete footings.
- The site was scanned with a magnet to ensure the removal of all steel and track-rolled for uniform grading.
Liberty Industrial utilised specialist demolition machinery, highly trained operatives and a safe demolition method to complete the works without injury. Our project team fulfilled the client’s expectations and handed over the site for redevelopment as per the program.