Liberty Industrial was engaged by ExxonMobil as the principal contractor to decommission the Altona Refinery Facilities located in Victoria. The scope of work included the removal of identified residual products, verification and validation of all assets, open to atmosphere of all scoped assets, waste management and engineering for essential decommissioning of the refinery.
- Development of a detailed scope of work for each unit as per the requirements stipulated by the client.
- Before project execution, a detailed decommissioning risk assessment workshop was conducted in consultation with ExxonMobil.
- Comprehensive material and water tracking management plans were implemented to ensure statutory compliance, chain of responsibility and all project sustainability objectives was consistently met.
- Innovative methodologies have been chosen that minimise the amount of mechanical and decontamination work. Remote work was utilised to reduce or eliminate the chance of close contact with hazardous materials and to eliminate the need for any confined space entry works. The use of chemical-neutralisation methodologies for highly acidic corrosive compounds has also reduced the risk of handling and assets.
- Our National HSEQ Manager worked in combination with the project team, has designed an enhanced quality management system to integrate with the client’s HSEQ management systems.
- Our team has engaged various local and suitably qualified subcontractors to perform primary works. Implementation of Liberty Industrial’s Subby Buddy system has ensured close monitoring and efficient delivery of works by all subcontractors.
Our team has successfully delivered the project in 2023.